This Request for Proposal (RFP) is intended to address the City’s interest in increasing the supply of market multi-unit housing throughout the City. The City of Quesnel is seeking proposals from interested parties for the acquisition of a City-owned parcel of land for development of multi-unit housing.
- Southills Neighborhood – Neighbour Road LOT 1 DISTRICT LOT 5443 CARIBOO DISTRICT PLAN 34453
This parcel is 1.9 acres at the north east corner of the residential neighbourhood of Southills on eastern most end of Neighbour Road.
The primary objective of the City of Quesnel is to encourage and support a range of housing choices essential in supporting a healthy, livable community. To that end, projects should address the needs identified in the Housing Needs Assessment, Gap Analysis and Action Plan for market housing. Excerpted below are the priority objectives for this funding opportunity:
- Enhance the supply of entry-level housing for young adults/professionals and senior-appropriate housing
- Enhance supply of rental housing
- Facilitate rental housing supply
- Facilitate workforce housing
- Facilitate new development on selected parcels
- Prepare for anticipated growth in population aged 65 and over
- Ensure adequate accessibility in housing for seniors