We use the qualifications listed on the job posting to assess your application. We'll further consider your application only if you meet the stated qualifications on the posting.
Meeting the minimum qualifications of the posting does not automatically indicate you'll be short-listed for the position posted. This is because we assess all of our applicants on a competitive basis.
We're a multicultural community with a diverse workforce. As an equal opportunity employer, we'll choose you as an employee based on your:
- skills related to the position
Our recruitment process reflects legislation requirements within our collective agreements, Human Rights of BC, and Employment Standards.
- All our positions are posted online.
- When a recruitment campaign for a position ends, we begin reviewing the resumes to short list the candidates with the top skills.
- Depending on the vacancy, shortlisted candidates may be required to complete a standardized test to demonstrate their knowledge or skills.
- Candidates are then interviewed, typically by a panel, using the same set of questions for each interviewee and ranked based on their overall answers.
- Human Resources verify employment references. Depending on the job, a criminal record search may be required. A job offer is then presented to the candidate that has demonstrated the best skills, knowledge and aptitude for the job.
We have opportunities for students at The City of Quesnel May through August. Watch for our summer student job postings in early March each year.