6:00 p.m. Public Hearing - proposed bylaw:
Pursuant to s.464 o the Local Government Act, Council held a Public Hearing to amend the City of Quesnel Zoning Bylaw No. 1880 of 2019:
- Bylaw 1905 - City of Quesnel Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1905 of 2021 (319, 375 and 383 North Fraser Drive (Quesnel Tillicum Society)
Followed by a Regular Council Meeting:
Retirement Presentations - Thank you & all the best!
Lewis Gehl – 31 years of service.
Narinder Phangura – 35 years of service.
Kulvinder Phangura - 37 years of service.
Dave Rollo – 23.5 years of service.
- Community Forest Application Update - A collaboration with Lhtako Dene Nation, Nazko First Nation, ?Esdilagh First Nation and Lhoosk'uz Dene Nation and the City of Quesnel.
- Community Resilience Investment - Council approved a 2022 UBCM Community Resiliency Investment grant application to continue with our Community Wildfire Protection plan activities.
- Forestry Manufacturing Analysis - A list comprised of guiding recommendations, best bets and next steps for forestry renewable resources, discussed at the Future of Forestry Think Tank sessions.
Development Services Update:
- 172 Reid Street - A development permit application for a storage shed in the Commercial Development Permit area and, vary the permitted maximum height of the accessory building.
- Hwy 97 N - A development permit application for a temporary mobile show home along Highway 97 North in the Commercial Development Permit, for a two year period.
2022 Annual Regular Council Meeting Schedule
- Bylaw #1909 - City of Quesnel 2020-2023 Tax Exempting Amendment Bylaw No. 1909 of 2021 - Final Adoption
- Bylaw #1905 - City of Quesnel Zoning Amendment Bylaw (North Fraser Drive) - Third Reading
- Bylaw #1910 - City of Quesnel Business Regulation and Licensing Bylaw No. 1910 of 2021 - First and Second Readings
Council Highlights provide a summary of business conducted by Council at Regular Council meetings. For specific details, visit www.quesnel.ca. Contact: Rhya Hartley, Deputy Corporate Administrator at 250-991-7471.