6:00 p.m. Public Hearing - Proposed Bylaws 1930, 1931 & 1932
Pursuant to s.464 o the Local Government Act, Council held a Public Hearing for proposed amendments to the following Bylaws:
City of Quesnel Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1930 of 2023 [A bylaw to amend the City of Quesnel Zoning Bylaw No. 1880 of 2019]
- Proposed amendment to the Zoning Bylaw, to allow a spot zone for retail store use at 960 Chew Road which will be operating out of a unit in the existing building.
City of Quesnel Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1931 of 2023 [A bylaw to amend the City of Quesnel Official Community Plan Bylaw No. 1879 of 2019]
City of Quesnel Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1932 of 2023 [A bylaw to amend the City of Quesnel Zoning Bylaw No. 1880 of 2019]
- Proposed amendments to the Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaws, to rezone 270 Lear Rd from M-1 to M-2 (heavy industrial), and provide a text amendment to the entire site to allow a permanent 40-unit work camp.
Regular Meeting of Quesnel City Council
Delegation - District Energy System
Ron Monk, M.Eng., P.Eng of Kerr Wood Leidel Consulting Engineers, Dr. Jamie Stephen, PHD - Torchlight Bioresources and representatives from West Fraser were in attendance, as Ron presented Council with the Analysis of District Energy for the City of Quesnel. In Phase 1, the project would use waste heat from Cariboo Pulp and Paper to provide heat to Downtown and North Quesnel. Natural gas use would be displaced reducing greenhouse gas emissions and local air pollutants and keeping money in the community/region.
This first phase of the feasibility study determined that this project is technically feasible.
Further phases of the feasibility study will see outreach to potential customers, define the business model and refine the cost estimates.
Pending successful project development and approval from the stakeholders, the final phase will be to source the capital funds, with a focus on grant funding.
- Application to the British Columbia Destination Development fund for a grant up to $484,848.30 for the Lhtako Dene Park project.
Council provided a resolution of support to the Gold Rush Cycling Club for their application to the Destination Development grant to fund the Quesnel Bike Park Project.
- Bylaw 1930 - City of Quesnel Zoning Amendment Bylaw 1930 of 2022 (RTC EZ Vape at 960 Chew Road) - Third Reading
- Bylaw 1931 - City of Quesnel Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw 1931 of 2022 (PRT Growing Services at 275 Lear Road) - Third Reading
- Bylaw 1932 - City of Quesnel Zoning Amendment Bylaw 1932 of 2022 (PRT Growing Services at 275 Lear Road) - Third Reading
- January 17, 2023 - North Cariboo Joint Advisory Committee
- January 24, 2023 - Public Hearing - Bylaws 1933 and 1934 (288 Gassoff Road)
- January 24, 2023 - Regular Council Meeting
- January 24, 2023 - Special Closed Council Meeting (Community Charter s.90(2)(b))
Council Highlights provide a summary of business conducted by Council at Regular Council meetings. Contact: Rhya Hartley, Deputy Corporate Administrator at 250-991-7471.