The Quesnel and District Arts and Recreation Centre pool facilities need upgrades. The proposed project’s cost estimate is $20 million. Public approval via referendum is necessary to move forward. If the referendum passes, a tax increase, beginning in 2022, would pay for the cost of borrowing up to $20 million to do the work. Eligible voters include residents and property owners in portions of electoral areas A, B, C, I, and residents and property owners in the City of Quesnel.
- construction of a new leisure pool, lazy river, whirlpool, and saunas
- renovated family change rooms.
- retention of the existing 25-metre pool
- replacement of the tile around the pool
Voting Day for the referendum is Saturday, June 19, 2021.
- Mail-in and advance voting options will be available.
- Visit www.cariboord.ca/poolupgrade to learn more about the referendum,
- eligibility, and official voting information.