The swimming pool has reopened at the Quesnel & District Arts and Recreation Centre. The sauna and hot tub will remain closed until further notice. Swimming lessons and regularly scheduled activities are also on hold until further notice. The gym and change rooms at the Recreation Centre have been open since June 22, 2020 and will be operating under different hours than the pool. For full facility hours of operation please visit https://www.quesnel.ca/arts-recreation/facilities/arts-recreation-centre.
Recreation centre staff are making a number of changes to comply with COVID-19 public health recommendations. The below safety measures have been put in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Physical distancing occupancy limits have been posted throughout the facility to indicate how many people can be in an area at one time.
- Pool Occupancy limit – 50 people
- The pool is split into sections in order to maintain appropriate occupancy numbers throughout the pool and within swimming lanes. This will allow guests to maintain a safe physical distance from others while swimming.
- Double lap lane - maximum 7 swimmers.
- Single lap lane - family of 4 or a single lap lane user.
- Shallow end/deep end - split in half with a maximum of 10 people in each area.
- Leisure pool - split into 3 sections with a maximum of 5 people in each area.
No child drop-off:
- Children 12 and under are to be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian at all times.
- Upon entry all visitors/guests will be asked screening questions in regards to health and COVID-19.
- Staff will be communicating with patrons in regards to where space is available in the pool as they enter the pool deck.
- Lifeguards and staff will be monitoring occupancy limits and the length of time people are swimming. Time limits may be put in place to ensure all guests have the option to utilize the facility.
Please call the Recreation Centre at 250-992-8200 if you have questions regarding occupancy limits, swimming lessons, group pool bookings, activities and programming.
Pool hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday – Friday: 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:30 am - 9:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
All visitors/guests are being asked to follow the below actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Practice physical distancing and ensure to remain 2-metres apart at all times.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- If you have questions please call the Quesnel & District Arts and Recreation Centre at 250-992-8200.
- For a list of all City facility closures/status visit www.quesnel.ca/covid-19