October 3, 2017
Proposed Elliott Street Supportive Housing Development
In order to address the significant uncertainties of the proposed Elliott Street Supportive Housing development, Council approved the following process before moving forward with the proposed Official Community Plan and Zoning Amendment Bylaws 1829 and 1830:
- The Proponent, BC Housing, must provide the Operations model for the proposed facility that will then be appended to the Housing Agreement;
- A Housing Agreement Bylaw has been prepared and has received First, Second and Third Bylaw readings;
- A Good Neighbour Agreement has been prepared and entered into with the Operator of the proposed facility and required stakeholders;
- Items 1-3 above must be completed before October 31, 2017;
- Provided Items 1–3 above have been completed before October 31, 2017, a second Open House, hosted by BC Housing, is recommended prior to moving forward with proposed Bylaws 1829 and 1830; and
- Provided Item 5 above has been completed, a second City of Quesnel Public Hearing, for proposed Bylaws 1829 and 1830, be held.
Council passed a further motion requesting BC Housing to issue a formal New Release responding to the October 3, 2017 News Release issued by the Quesnel Shelter and Support Society regarding the proposed Elliott Street Supportive Housing development.
Bylaw of the Month
This month’s educational awareness Bylaw-of-the-Month campaign is around the storage of large vehicles for the City’s residential areas. The City’s Zoning Bylaw 1662, Section 4.23, states that it would be ideal to totally conceal within a building when parking or storage a large vehicle on one’s property, but if that is not possible, then the following applies:
Must be parked behind the front wall of the house
- One truck, or large vehicle, not exceeding one tonne rated capacity.
- A combination of up to 3 trailers, recreational vehicles, boat trailers or boats, each not exceeding 10 m (33 ft.) in length, except on lots greater than ½ acre where the length shall no exceed 12.2m (40 ft.).
- If no lane access to the back of the lot, or the siting of the house does not allow vehicles to be placed behind the front wall of the house, storing of these types of vehicles is permitted, as long as visual quality and sightlines are maintained.
Please contact the Bylaw Services Department at 250-992-5743 for more information.
Remembrance Day Ceremonies
Council approved the temporary roadway closures requested by the Royal Canadian Legion Quesnel Branch #94 for the Remembrance Day Parade from 9:30 am to 11:30 am on November 11, 2017. The roadways that will be affected are the 200 Blocks of Kinchant Street and McLean Street, and the 300 Blocks of Barlow and Carson Avenues.
- Bylaws 1829 & 1830 – OCP & Zone Amendments – Supportive Housing (Elliott Street) – Deferred further Bylaw readings until conditions have been met. Please see above.
- Bylaw 1833 – Permissive Exemption Amendment – Second and Third Reading.
- 5:30 pm, October 10, 2017 – North Cariboo Joint Planning Committee
- 7 pm, October 17, 2017 – Regular Council Meeting
Council Highlights provide a summary of business conducted by Council at Regular Council meetings. Contact: Gina Albers, Deputy Corporate Administrator at 250-991-7471.