Why did you choose to run for Council?
I was convinced to run for council because of my volunteer commitment to my community. In addition, I also felt that I could contribute in a meaningful fashion for the betterment of Quesnel.
What are your priorities or goals for the City of Quesnel?
- Keep our community moving forward by creating opportunities to enhance what is in our nature.
- Maintain and improve our infrastructure.
- Create a community that is welcoming, accessible and safe.
What Council committees do you currently sit on?
- Policy and Bylaw Committee
What external committees do you currently sit on?
- Cariboo Chilcotin Beetle Action Coalition
- Healthy Communities
- Community Connections
What other community groups are you currently a member of?
- Cariboo Regional District (Alternate representative for City of Quesnel)
- North Central Local Government Association (Past President)
- Quesnel Rotary Club
- Canada Day and Canada 150
- Provincial Urban Deer Advisory Committee (PUDAC)
- a number of agriculture based committees
What makes you proud to live in Quesnel?
The forward thinking of this community. It's can do attitude, and how we come together to help those who are in need.
What's your favourite place to experience nature in Quesnel?
I love our Riverfront Trail! There are lots of hidden treasures in and around Quesnel too numerous to name.