Why did you choose to run for mayor?
I ran for Mayor because I believe that Quesnel can be a thriving, sustainable community if we embrace the challenges confronting us and manage our way through them. We can attract and retain residents and investors by being progressive in our thinking and courageous in our decision-making. As Mayor, I have the opportunity and the obligation to help ensure that Council provides this kind of leadership for our City at this important time.
What are your priorities or goals for the City of Quesnel?
- Fiscal prudence and sustainability.
- Investments in core infrastructure and amenities.
- Quality public services and programs.
- Progressive long and short term planning.
- A thriving, accessible, and fun community that attracts and retains visitors, residents, and investors.
What City Committees are you currently servicing on?
- Financial Sustainability & Audit Standing Committee [CHAIR]
- Policy and Bylaw Standing Committee
- Executive Standing Committee [Alt. CHAIR]
- Public Safety and Policing Standing Committee [CHAIR]
- Airport Advisory Committee
What other community groups are you currently a member of?
- Cariboo Ski Touring Club
- Quesnel Triathlon Club
What makes you proud to live in Quesnel?
I love the friendliness and natural beauty of our City. This community has everything people need to live a healthy, active life from childhood to retirement, and it's all affordable.
What's your favourite place to experience nature in Quesnel?
Yikes! Do I have to choose? I love the mountain biking, kayaking, cycling, cross-country skiing, hiking, and running I can do within minutes of my front door. There are few communities that have so much to offer so close to where people live -- we are really fortunate to live in such a great place.
|Cell Phone:||250 255-1433|