A variance is a relaxation from certain regulations in a City bylaw (eg. Zoning Bylaw). There are two ways through which a variance to a city bylaw may be requested:

As each process is quite different, you are highly encouraged to discuss your proposed variance by contacting the City Planner at 250-922-2111 prior to submitting an application.