Solid fuel burning

The installation of a solid fuel burning domestic appliance such as a wood stove, pellet stove or furnace, or boiler will require a Building Permit. Review the Solid Fuel Burning Bylaw 1827 and submit a completed application form, the information brochure or flyer for the appliance, and the manufacturer’s installation instructions. Also, new B.C. regulations are now in effect for fine particulate matter emissions – see the related links to the left or visit the Ministry of Environment website.