Patrons must show proof of vaccination prior to entering fitness center/gym area, and when attending adult sport, exercise, and fitness activities or classes.
(excluding programs for children and youth)
In accordance with Provincial Health Orders patrons of these programs/facilities must show proof of vaccination.
Adults over the age of 19 must also show valid photo identification.
Facility staff are required to adhere to public health orders to maintain the health and safety of all users of this public facility.
The Mission of the Quesnel and District Arts and Recreation Centre is:
To provide quality leisure opportunities that meet the needs and preferences of Quesnel and District residents, by offering innovative and accessible programs and facilities which improve the quality of life.
About the Swimming Pool:
- 6-lane, 25-metre swimming pool
- 1-metre diving board
- Rope swing
- Warmer Leisure pool
- Hot tub
- Adult and family saunas
- Pool deck party area
- Viewing area
- Shiraoi Gardens and patio access off pool deck
- Family change rooms
- Shower before entering the pool - Help keep the pool water clean by showering before entering the pool. Oils and sweat put more strain on the filtration system. By showering before entering the pool you are helping to keep chlorine levels in the pool low.
- Respect the direction of the Lifeguards - Our Lifeguards provide a safe environment for you to enjoy. By distracting the Lifeguards or failing to obey direction, you are placing yourself and others at risk. Patrons behaving inappropriately, or placing others at risk will be asked to leave the facility.
- No running on the pool deck - The tiles surrounding the pools become slippery when wet. Keep a moderate pace to avoid falling.
- No outside shoes on the pool deck - To keep the pool areas free of outside dirt we ask that no outside shoes be worn around the pool area.
- No photographs or video taping - Photographic or video devices are not permitted near the pool area for the privacy and protection of patrons and minors.
SWIMMING ADMISSION STANDARDS
For the safety of children under the age of 7 years
Children under the age of 7 years must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 or older.This person will be responsible for the child’s direct supervision and must stay within arms-reach at all times. There is a maximum of four children under the age of 7 allowed per responsible person.
For patrons wishing to enjoy the deep end of the pool
At the staff’s discretion, a patron may be asked to do a swim test before being allowed to swim in the deep end of the pool without a life jacket. The swim test is comprised of swimming two continuous widths or a portion of the length of the main pool comfortably and without stopping. Anyone who cannot complete this test to the staff member’s satisfaction is welcome to wear a life jacket while using the deep end of the pool.
For the safety and enjoyment of patrons and staff
The staff reserve the right to refuse access to the facility at their discretion. This includes patrons who may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Anyone being verbally or physically abusive towards staff or other patrons will be asked to leave the facility immediately.