Arts & Recreation Centre
For schedules and programs, click here.
This week's pool schedule
Features of the Centre
Aquatic Centre: The Quesnel and District Arts and Recreation Centre features a family friendly aquatic facility. Whether you are using the facility for fitness, family fun, or just to relax and unwind, the facility offers something for everyone. Its features include:
- 6-lane, 25-metre swimming pool with 1-metre diving board, slide and "Tarzan" rope swing.
- Hot Tub.
- Free Form Leisure Pool.
- Adult and Family Saunas.
- Family Change Rooms.
- On Deck Party Area.
- Viewing Area.
- Shiraoi Gardens / Patio Area accessible off pool deck.
Weight Room: Our weight room includes plenty of work out space and the latest state-of-the-art cardio equipment, including:
- 4 treadmills
- 2 recumbent stationary bikes
- 1 upright stationary bike
- 2 rowing machines
- 3 cross trainers
- 2 stairmasters
- Satellite TV
- Punching bags
- Universal weight training equipment and selectorized machines
- Free weights
The Arts Centre is active year round with performing and visual arts programs and exhibits. The Quesnel Art Gallery exhibits the work of regional artists. The Centre is also home to a pottery room and dance studios.
The Arts and Recreation Centre has numerous rooms available for rent for meetings, banquets, weddings, or other special events. Audio Visual Equipment and coffee makers are available for rental when booked in advance. Full facility and pool rentals are also available. The facilities available include:
· West Fraser Timber Room - Seats 236 in Theater Style, 175 in Banquet Style.
· Lounge (with small kitchen) that seats 49.
· Meeting room suitable for meetings with up to 12 people.
· Activity room suitable for meetings with up to 12 people.
· Board room seats 33. Suitable for meetings of up to 16 people.
· Multipurpose room seats 75.
· Shiraoi Gardens outdoor garden available for private rentals.
For facility rental information, contact the Arts and Recreation Centre
at 250- 992-8200.
Information on other programs offered at the Centre, click here.
Hours of Operation
Arts and Recreation Centre:
Monday to Friday:
6 am to 10 pm
8:30 am to 9 pm
10 am to 9 pm
1 pm to 4 pm
Monday to Friday:
5 am - 10 pm
8:30 am - 9 pm
10 am - 9 pm
Quesnel Art Gallery:
Tuesday to Saturday:
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Phone: (250) 991-4014
ARTS AND RECREATION CENTRE
500 North Star Road
Quesnel B.C., V2J 5P6
Phone: (250) 992-8200
Fax: (250) 992-6866
For more information about programs, events and prices,
The Arts and Recreation Centre prides itself on its accessibility. Some of the improvements that have been made include:
· Four accessible parking spots right at the front door.
· Sidewalk access from side parking lot.
· Two accessible unisex washrooms in main lobby.
· Automatic door openers on family, men’s and women’s changerooms and weight room.
· An accessible weight room with an Active Passive Trainer and accessible weight training equipment.
· A swimming pool lift that enables wheelchair users and mobility restricted people access to the main pool, leisure pool and whirlpool.
· An adjustable bed for changing in the family change room.
· An accessible family sauna.
· Ramps providing access to the art gallery, pottery studio, West Fraser Timber Room, lounge and board room.